Welcome to Foreelancing Workshop Cycle 3. As part of TechHub’s community building strategy, our top-rated freelancers are ready once again to give back to the community. If you have a skill or technical know-how, then this year’s workshops will help you monetize your skill-set and become a top-notch freelancer!
This time around, the focus of the workshop is not just to teach freelancing but to help enhance soft-skills that are essential to one’s success in the freelancing market. Shortlisted candidates will be offered trainings in 8 different modules, ranging from soft-skills development to graphic designing, iOS development, social marketing, Game and 3d Unity development etc.
Upon commencement, the trainings will follow the following schedule
- Soft Skills Development
- Graphic Designing
- iOS Development
- Web Development
- Social Marketing
- Android Development
- Game and 3d Unity Development
- Project Management
Last Date for submission of applications is September 26, 2016)
Module 1: Soft Skills (3rd October,2016“ 21st October,2016)
Instructors: Mr. Muzammal Arif, Mr. Hasan Saqib, Mr. Haseeb Idress & Mr. Fasial Akhtar
- Domains of Freelancing
- Where to Freelance?
- Branding and Marketing
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Negotiations and Dispute Resolution
- Payment Procedures
Module 2: Introduction to Graphic Designing (24th October, 2016“ 28th October,2016)
Instructors: Mr. Samar Khan & Ms. Faiza Farooq
- Principles of Design
- Logo Design
- Stationery Design
Module 3: iOS Development (31st October,2016“ 04 November,2016)
Instructors: Mr. Fahad Azeem, Mr. Junaid Butt
- Introduction to iOS
- Introduction to Swift & its basic constructs
- Intro to Xcode & interface builder
- Auto Layout & Size Classes
- Navigation between different views
- Local Storage
- Local notifications
Module 4: Web Development (7th November, 2016“ 18 November, 2016)
Instructor: Mr. Ghulam jilani
Web Development in Ruby & Rails:
- Introduction of Ruby on Rails on Linux platform
- Revision of Basic Programming Concepts and their mapping in ROR
- Intro of MVC Pattern
- Building a Complete Rails App, Step By Step by explaining concepts and then implementing them in App
- Rails Programming Environment
- Rails Best Practices
- Views and Controllers
- Models and Database Design
- Test-First Development Using RSpec and Capybara
- CSS and Sass Basics
- Model Relationships
Web Development in PHP:
Instructor: Mr. Hasan Samee
- Introduction to Web development
- Introduction to Programming
- Life of a Programmer 🙂
- Introduction to Server Side Scripting
- Introduction to PHP
- Control Flow: IF/ELSE
- Form handling,
- Mysql Basics
- FUNCTIONS IN PHP
- Sessions , Cookies
- Debugging in php
- Design Patterns
- Database Design
Module 5: Social Media Marketing (21st November, 2016“ 25th November, 2016)
Instructor: Mr. Faisal Saleem
- Why Social Media is necessary?
- How to connect with big fishes?
- How to beat Facebook ads?
- How to send proposal?
- B2B Marketing using fb messages
- How to increase reach
- How to look more professional
- How to find endorsers
- How to start social management business
- Art of selling services
- Making of services plan
- Deciding price
Module 6: Android Development (28th November, 2016“ 2nd December, 2016)
Instructor: Mr. Shajeel Afzal
- Introduction to Android App Development
- Introduction to Android Studio
- Hello World in Android
- Introduction to Android XML
- Introduction to Views and View Groups
- Creating Simple Views
- Making a feedback from and running it on Real Device.
- Making Apps Interactive
- Handling clicks and listening for events.
- Android applicationâ€™s Life Cycle
- Introduction to activities
- Activities and Intents
- RecyclerView and Adapter
- Components of Android
- Working with 3rd party libraries
- Must have libraries
- Showing a list of Images from internet
- Android Notifications API
- Taking images from Camera and showing in the app.
- Android Debugging & Cloud Storage Integration
- Introduction to Google Firebase
- Writing your first Data
- Reading data from database
- Lists in firebase and UI library
- Best Practices for Reading and Writing data
- Building a note taking app using Firebase
Module 7: Game and Unity 3d Development (5th December, 2016“ 9th December, 2016)
Instructor: Mr. Owais Zahid
- Excellent general knowledge of game Development.
- Program and Solve Complicated Problems Using C#
- Create Menus, Levels and Loading Screens (Specifically UI Canvas and Event Systems)
- Encript and Save Your Game Data Using Binary I/O.
- Implement In-App Purchases and Sell Virtual Curruncy.
- Implement Social Media like Facebook & Google+ In Your Game.
- Implement Video and Interstitial Ads (Admob & Unity Ads) rewarded Ads for unlocking Items in your game.
- Publishing your game to Google Play Store and iTunes Connect.
Module 8: Project Management (12th December, 2016“ 16th December,2016)
Instructor: Mr. Jahanzaib Shabir
- How to start the bid.
- Negotiation Skills
- Documenting the product
- Integrating Technical and Writing Skills
- Ensuring the Quality of Service
- Interacting with the Client
- Earning a good Review
- You may apply for one or more skill trainings, depending on your availability. But please keep in mind that if you apply to multiple skill trainings, you will have to go through the application criteria of each skill which may or may not be different from one another.
- We only have a limited number of students that we can accommodate so the elective process is highly competitive.
- These trainings are free of cost and no application charges are levied.
- Only serious candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The first module of soft-skills development is compulsory for all candidates.
- Last Date for submission of applications is September 26, 2016).