A warm welcome to all of you! Our Foreelancing workshop, Cycle 4 is about to take a kick start. As part of TechHub’s community building strategy, our top-ranked free-lancers are all set to share their knowledge and competence to enhance your productivity and polish your expertise. After the success of our previous cycle, we are once again back to provide you with an even better and an organized structure so that people can fully utilize this year’s workshop in enhancing their skills to become a top-grade freelancer.
This time round, the entire focus of our workshop is going to emphasize on Soft-skills that are essential to one’s success in the freelancing market. Shortlisted candidates will be offered trainings by our competent trainers that include Ms. Ayfer Khan, Ms. Faiza Farooq, Mr. Ali Raza, Mr. Farhan Ahmed, Mr. Muhammad Shoaib and Mr. Gul Muhammad according to the following schedule:
- Introduction on freelancing
- Domains of freelancing
- Platforms for freelancing
- Communication skills of freelancing
- Ethics of freelancing
- Payment Procedures for freelancing
- Project management for freelancing
- Entrepreneurship through freelancing
Last Date for submission of applications is January 30, 2017).
Introduction on Freelancing
- What is freelancing and types of freelancing?
- Why Freelancing?
- Who can be a freelancer?
- Freelancing as a career and scope
- Motivation ( Success stories )
- Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
Domains of Freelancing
- Designers & Creatives
- Programmers & Developers
- Administrative Support Specialists
- Writers & Translators
- Finance Professionals
- Sales & Marketing Professionals
Platforms for freelancing
- People per hour
Communication skills of freelancing
- What are communication skills?
- How to communicate with clients?
- Proposal Writing
- Email Writing
- Resume Writing
- Dispute and negotiations
Ethics of freelancing
- Reachability / Response
- Time management
- Maintain the quality work
- Keep in touch / follow up of the work
- Organize yourself
- Be cooperative and respect
Payment Procedures for freelancing
- Withdraw payment through Platform
- Wire transfer through Bank
- Western Union
- Online Transfer to bank account
Project Management for freelancing
- Who is a project manager?
- Quality of a project manager
- How to do an effective time management for project?
- How to distribute work among team?
- How to negotiate with client open project cost?
- How to ensure quality of work?
- How a freelancer can be a project manager?
Entrepreneurship through freelancing
- What is an entrepreneur?
- Why be an entrepreneur / Scope?
- How to become an entrepreneur?
- Risk of being an entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurship in history
- A journey from freelancing to entrepreneur
- Successful Entrepreneurs
- Last date to register: 30th January, 2017
- We only have a limited number of students that we can accommodate so the elective process is highly competitive.
- These trainings are free of cost and no application charges are levied.
- Only serious candidates are encouraged to apply.